Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Hard Slap of Reality

You just never know. One day things are going great and the next you are staring your own mortality in the face. That's what happened to some friends of ours. he was just diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia and Lymphoma. Married father of 2, my age and an all round great guy. He could start treatments as early as next week. This has all happened in about a week and has rocked our little group of friends here not to mention them.
I am trying hard to imagine what they are going through and how they are feeling. I can't. So I do what I can do. I hug my wife and give the kids extra hugs and kisses knowing that it could all be taken away in the blink of an eye.
If you are reading this you are a part of our lives and I thank you for that.
Hug those you love just a couple seconds longer, give an extra kiss and don't forget to tell them you love them.

1 comment:

The Peschka Family said...

Makes you think what's really important in life. Family and Friends are everything. Love you guys!

Amber