Monday, June 1, 2009

It's a good burn

I know I'm supposed to be smart enough to wear sunscreen. But I usually don't. Especially at the beginning of pool season. I guess I like the pain from the first slight sunburn. It tells me summer is on the way and takes me back to those lifeguarding days. Those days I used to put on baby oil to cook myself a bit more. Got pretty tan and I try not to think of how much damage it did to my skin. It's a good thing I didn't have to jump in after anyone when I had that on. They probably would have slipped right offf.
Right now I have a little burn. Spend yesterday out in the sun and it feels good. In the morning we went to the JDRF walk at the Nationals baseball stadium. Then we came back to our pool. I cleaned the pool, trimmed some bushes, played Marco Polo with the kids and relaxed in the chaise lounge poolside with a cold beverage (or 2). The water was clear and 70, the sky was clear and 80. All-in-all a great day.
Just got word that we're booked on Channel 9 WUSA again on the 25th in the morning and I received my iTouch for making the final table at the company poker tournament during the National Sales Meeting in Vegas. Today is going pretty well also.

1 comment:

The Peschka Family said...

it's been a while for pictures. i'm ready for them, so post! :)