Monday, March 9, 2009

51

51 - That's the age that Wii Fit assigned to me last night. What a crock! Though I do feel old at times but 51!! Come on. I think it's faulty for it's basis as it uses BMI as a barometer. BMI has me at borderline obese. It doesn't take in the fact that I lifted weights for years and have muscle mass that weighs more than fat. Don't get me wrong I have a little junk in the trunk. I know I need to lose about 10 pounds but according to BMI I would still be drastically overweight even for that. So I get the BMI skewed weight thing but based on some agility and balance tests they put me at age 51. Even though I haven't run in about a week I feel pretty good. maybe 42 but not 51. Maybe I'll lay off second helpings for a while.

Knee update. I am still sore from who knows what went wrong on my 13 mile run. I am able to go up and down stairs with no problems now. I did go out on Saturday to test it out. I got about a block before it started hurting. I turned around and went to the top of my hill thinking I just needed to work it out a bit - kinda like walking off a charley horse or a near sprained ankle. No good. I headed inside put the brace back on and did some stretching. It does feel even a bit better each day so I'll probably try to run with a brace this week.

Steph, Chloe and Addison went back to KC/Beloit for Steph's friend's baby shower. They spent a few days in KC with Mom & Dad and a few more days in Beloit with Rod & Bonnie. Sunday they went to see Michelle at the hospital after the baby was born (about a month early but healthy). All day Chloe was complaining of a stomach ache but with all the chaos of traveling and visiting not much attention was paid. On the way home she got sick in the van. Steph, of course, felt horrible for not listening to her earlier. I felt bad because she had to clean it up as best she could on the side of the road and then had to do a deeper clean when they got home that night. She also would have to be up with Addie when she gets hungry at night. I knew she wasn't going to get much sleep then. It breaks your heart when kids tell you something and you don't pay much attention to it then something bad happens. You feel like if you would have paid more attention to their needs then you could have prevented it - even if nothing would have stopped it. They get back on Wednesday night so hopefully we can all settle back into life and get some rest. Or at least what we call rest in our house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that is what it listed me at

Dad